Skip to main content

My wiggle worm

Everyday our alarm clock goes off at 7:30 am. I start my day, have a shower and then, apparently, a tiny alarm (that I can't hear) goes off in my belly around noon. My daughter is awake. It's like clockwork -- everyday for about the last two weeks.

My doctor told me that she was going to be super active around six months. (Can you believe I'm 6 months pregnant!! Aghh!!) My tiny girl weighs around a pound and a half, so she still has plenty of wiggle room. And right now, her little arms and legs don't hurt when they jab. I know this will change in a few months. So, for now, I'm just enjoying it. I can't help but smile when I feel it. There's a real person in there!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy-to-be rant

Image by EssjayNZ via Flickr When I first found out that I was pregnant, a friend of mine told me "Everyone will have advice. Take some. Leave some." Boy, did he hit that nail on the head. It seems there are a lot of opinions on everything from my birth plan to diapering, breast feeding vs. bottle feeding, bedding, schooling - you name it. (From parents and non-parents alike.) I know they mean well, of course, and I appreciate the concern. I really do. After all, this is our first child. But, I'm also hormonal and stubborn. So is Matt. (Well not hormonal - although I could swear he has PMS sometimes.) Some things we're excited to figure out for ourselves. And anyone who knows us well, knows that we can't be told to do anything. (A trait I hope little Isabel DOESN'T inherit - but I know she will. Ugh.) There is one group that is particularly starting to annoy me. I affectionately call them the Just Waits . As in, "Just wait until she REALLY starts ki...

2010 - The year we freeze to death...

Somewhere under all the white stuff there is another world. A world with sidewalks, streets, grass and no need for layers. The sun shines. The birds chirp. And I can go walking without going numb from the waist down. I assume all this, of course. It's been so long since I've seen this world that I'm starting to doubt it's existence. Around Dec. 27th or so, the nostalgia of a White Christmas wore off. Now, it's just another snowy week...er, month...dammit, months!! I knew this Winter wouldn't be fun - being our first in Canada and all. The last time I dealt with it at this level, I was in High School. At that age, a little cold weather doesn't stop you from doing much. You're fearless. All I needed was a windbreaker and we were out the door. I guess I was just tougher then. More likely though, I just didn't know any better. Today I feel like a 70-year old woman walking around the house in a sweater clutching my Kleenex. I'm hopeful that this mean ...

The Party's Over?!

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y.... NIGHT!! Image by knitbunny via Flickr I went to bed last night at 10 p.m. No, I wasn't feeling badly. I wasn't preparing to get up early. I was tired. The moment my head hit the pillow and settled into our ridiculously comfortable bed, I was out -- until 7 a.m. no less. (not counting my inevitable 3 a.m. potty break) Since becoming a big, fat preggo this is the rule, not the exception. It happened so gradually that I barely noticed. My hours of operation have completely changed. I'm not sure if I should thank or curse our recent slew of visitors for bringing this my attention. Frankly, their comments have been a little unsettling. Here are a few gems: "It's nice not to be on a schedule." (translation - "What are we doing?!") "You guys have a nice, quiet life." (translation "You're boring!") ...and my favorite... "You guys are making me old!"  (translation "You guys are making me...