Image by EssjayNZ via Flickr When I first found out that I was pregnant, a friend of mine told me "Everyone will have advice. Take some. Leave some." Boy, did he hit that nail on the head. It seems there are a lot of opinions on everything from my birth plan to diapering, breast feeding vs. bottle feeding, bedding, schooling - you name it. (From parents and non-parents alike.) I know they mean well, of course, and I appreciate the concern. I really do. After all, this is our first child. But, I'm also hormonal and stubborn. So is Matt. (Well not hormonal - although I could swear he has PMS sometimes.) Some things we're excited to figure out for ourselves. And anyone who knows us well, knows that we can't be told to do anything. (A trait I hope little Isabel DOESN'T inherit - but I know she will. Ugh.) There is one group that is particularly starting to annoy me. I affectionately call them the Just Waits . As in, "Just wait until she REALLY starts ki...

Why do these signs use such vague terminology, or is pregnant not a politically correct term anymore? I think many women one day expect to be pregnant, and that makes them all "expectant mothers."
ReplyDeleteHmm...maybe we should have them change it to "Reserved for big, fat preggo's who don't want to carry their groceries across the parking lot."
ReplyDeleteBetter?
hahahahaha!! i have thought the same things bc i have almost parked in those spaces bc Matt is right and who would ever question it? it doesn't say you have to be showing - anyone can be expecting :>
ReplyDeleteaunt mel