Skip to main content

Date night

The other night, when out for dinner, I caught myself staring at the table next to us. At it, sat a mother and daughter - just the two of them - deep in conversation. I watched as the daughter relayed the details of her day. Then, they would laugh. The mother would retort and they would laugh again. Wow. Adult conversation with your offspring! *Sigh* Someday. lol 

This gave me an idea - The 1st Sully Girls' date night. Nothing fancy. Just me, my girl and some ice cream. 

So off we went. At first, to be honest, I was a little self-conscious. Have you ever been out and seen someone carrying on a one-way conversation with a toddler? It looks a little crazy. As if sensing my apprehension, baby decided to step it up. She was talking my head off! And while it wasn't the sophisticated conversation I heard between the aforementioned mother and daughter, it was ours. And, I know we'll get there. We had a great time!

And I couldn't help but wonder.....who's watching us

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2010 - The year we freeze to death...

Somewhere under all the white stuff there is another world. A world with sidewalks, streets, grass and no need for layers. The sun shines. The birds chirp. And I can go walking without going numb from the waist down. I assume all this, of course. It's been so long since I've seen this world that I'm starting to doubt it's existence. Around Dec. 27th or so, the nostalgia of a White Christmas wore off. Now, it's just another snowy week...er, month...dammit, months!! I knew this Winter wouldn't be fun - being our first in Canada and all. The last time I dealt with it at this level, I was in High School. At that age, a little cold weather doesn't stop you from doing much. You're fearless. All I needed was a windbreaker and we were out the door. I guess I was just tougher then. More likely though, I just didn't know any better. Today I feel like a 70-year old woman walking around the house in a sweater clutching my Kleenex. I'm hopeful that this mean ...

5 Things I've learned so far...

1. Our baby has fingerprints already. I'm not sure why but this freaks me out. 2. Pregnancy heartburn is NO JOKE. Before this, I think I'd had heartburn twice in my life. I'm Mexican for Christ's sake! We love our spicy food. I guess I have to go easy for the next few months. Boo. 3. I can't watch "A Baby Story" without being reduced to a sobbing mess. But I find myself turning the channel for the delivery part. 4. The placenta & baby (aka alien) are about the size of an avocado right now. 5. Our baby will have duel citizenship. Cool, huh?

My new favorite thing

I guess there are a few perks. In addition to prime parking, I get sweet smiles from old folks and fellow mothers-to-be and men falling over themselves to hold the door open for me. Who says chivalry is dead?