Skip to main content

Bronze

On one of our first dates, Matt took me to Luby's for lunch. I remember sitting there giggling over a heap of fried okra (and other delectable cafeteria fare) and thinking, "This guy someone I want to know." Just a few hours earlier, he had picked me up, drove me to the mall and told me he wanted "to buy me something pretty." Indeed he did. No expense was spared, in fact. After, we ate Luann Platters and toasted our sweet tea in plastic cups. The bar was set pretty high. I couldn't have been happier.

And that's my Matthew in a nutshell. He treats me like a queen wherever we go - be it a fancy boutique or a greasy diner. The world is our stage and we're always having a ball. Ask anyone.

It's funny to me that two people who swore they would never EVER get married turned out to be really good at it. We fight, sure. (Boy! We've had some good ones!) We annoy each other almost daily. (Just put the dishes in the sink, ok?!) But we also laugh. At everything. All the time.

And we love.

Today is our wedding anniversary.

8 years.

96 months.
417 weeks.
70,080 hours.
4,204,800 minutes. (which is weird since no one can even count to a million. Ha!)

So, here's to us, Mr. Sully. Here's to the life we've created - quite literally in Isabel. Here's to 50 more years (at least) of laughter.

To you, Husband.

To me, your Wife.

To eternity.

Happy Anniversary, Baby.


A decade in Canada has changed Matt a bit.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2010 - The year we freeze to death...

Somewhere under all the white stuff there is another world. A world with sidewalks, streets, grass and no need for layers. The sun shines. The birds chirp. And I can go walking without going numb from the waist down. I assume all this, of course. It's been so long since I've seen this world that I'm starting to doubt it's existence. Around Dec. 27th or so, the nostalgia of a White Christmas wore off. Now, it's just another snowy week...er, month...dammit, months!! I knew this Winter wouldn't be fun - being our first in Canada and all. The last time I dealt with it at this level, I was in High School. At that age, a little cold weather doesn't stop you from doing much. You're fearless. All I needed was a windbreaker and we were out the door. I guess I was just tougher then. More likely though, I just didn't know any better. Today I feel like a 70-year old woman walking around the house in a sweater clutching my Kleenex. I'm hopeful that this mean ...

Mommy-to-be rant

Image by EssjayNZ via Flickr When I first found out that I was pregnant, a friend of mine told me "Everyone will have advice. Take some. Leave some." Boy, did he hit that nail on the head. It seems there are a lot of opinions on everything from my birth plan to diapering, breast feeding vs. bottle feeding, bedding, schooling - you name it. (From parents and non-parents alike.) I know they mean well, of course, and I appreciate the concern. I really do. After all, this is our first child. But, I'm also hormonal and stubborn. So is Matt. (Well not hormonal - although I could swear he has PMS sometimes.) Some things we're excited to figure out for ourselves. And anyone who knows us well, knows that we can't be told to do anything. (A trait I hope little Isabel DOESN'T inherit - but I know she will. Ugh.) There is one group that is particularly starting to annoy me. I affectionately call them the Just Waits . As in, "Just wait until she REALLY starts ki...

We should have named her Petri

Attention all brand-new Mommies and Mommies-to-be: Here's something no one told me -- Your immune system is about to be tested like it's never been tested before!! I was prepared to sterilize, sanitize and compulsively wash my hands. We spend the first year just trying to keep these little nuggets healthy. What I wasn't prepared for was that my getting sick is inevitable. If she sniffles, I'll be sniffling the next day. If she sneezes, I'm soon to follow....then, Daddy. Yep, it's a family affair. And what seems to be a mild cold in her gets amplified in our giant bodies. No fun. We've just spent the last two days in quarantine thanks to baby. And I still have no idea where it came from. Now, to disinfect.... What's going to happen when she starts school?! Maybe we'll just put her in a bubble. Save ourselves some trouble. Otherwise, I guess we have Malaria to look forward to. Have you met our daughter?