Skip to main content

Whole30 - Day 9

Today, I hit a wall. A soft wall, mind you. But a wall none the less. I woke up absolutely exhausted after sleeping a full 8 hours. I'm hoping it was just the weather; we woke up to grey and rainy dreariness. Only tomorrow will tell.

Day 9

How the book says I'll feel: Another "Noooo...my pants are TIGHTER!"

How I actually feel: Well, first off my pants weren't tighter. The opposite, actually. I purposely put on pants today to see how they felt. (They were getting a bit snug) They felt good and my long shirt wasn't as fitted around my tummy. Score!

Breakfast was eggless and delicious. A nice change. Roasted butternut squash, raspberries and sausage. Super yum. We were both pretty happy.

After dropping off the kid, I came home and quickly faded. So tired. A little nap sounded so good! Yeah, that little nap turned into 2 hours. Thank goodness I didn't have to work! The good thing is I slept through any hunger pangs. I woke up and made lunch.

I got creative for lunch today. I know what I can have now and so...

So much yum.
I made a Whole30 compliant BLT.

For dinner, we ate early because I had to work in the evening. Another big hit with cajun shrimp over spaghetti squash with sundried tomatoes. I only wish I had made more. It was a hit with the whole family. I will definitely make it again. Another thank you to @Whole30recipes on Instagram.

Husband says: Nothing extraordinary to report. A little gassy. Could be the sausage or the sweet 'taters. Content. Think I only felt tired because of the rainy weather.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy-to-be rant

Image by EssjayNZ via Flickr When I first found out that I was pregnant, a friend of mine told me "Everyone will have advice. Take some. Leave some." Boy, did he hit that nail on the head. It seems there are a lot of opinions on everything from my birth plan to diapering, breast feeding vs. bottle feeding, bedding, schooling - you name it. (From parents and non-parents alike.) I know they mean well, of course, and I appreciate the concern. I really do. After all, this is our first child. But, I'm also hormonal and stubborn. So is Matt. (Well not hormonal - although I could swear he has PMS sometimes.) Some things we're excited to figure out for ourselves. And anyone who knows us well, knows that we can't be told to do anything. (A trait I hope little Isabel DOESN'T inherit - but I know she will. Ugh.) There is one group that is particularly starting to annoy me. I affectionately call them the Just Waits . As in, "Just wait until she REALLY starts ki...

2010 - The year we freeze to death...

Somewhere under all the white stuff there is another world. A world with sidewalks, streets, grass and no need for layers. The sun shines. The birds chirp. And I can go walking without going numb from the waist down. I assume all this, of course. It's been so long since I've seen this world that I'm starting to doubt it's existence. Around Dec. 27th or so, the nostalgia of a White Christmas wore off. Now, it's just another snowy week...er, month...dammit, months!! I knew this Winter wouldn't be fun - being our first in Canada and all. The last time I dealt with it at this level, I was in High School. At that age, a little cold weather doesn't stop you from doing much. You're fearless. All I needed was a windbreaker and we were out the door. I guess I was just tougher then. More likely though, I just didn't know any better. Today I feel like a 70-year old woman walking around the house in a sweater clutching my Kleenex. I'm hopeful that this mean ...

The Party's Over?!

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y.... NIGHT!! Image by knitbunny via Flickr I went to bed last night at 10 p.m. No, I wasn't feeling badly. I wasn't preparing to get up early. I was tired. The moment my head hit the pillow and settled into our ridiculously comfortable bed, I was out -- until 7 a.m. no less. (not counting my inevitable 3 a.m. potty break) Since becoming a big, fat preggo this is the rule, not the exception. It happened so gradually that I barely noticed. My hours of operation have completely changed. I'm not sure if I should thank or curse our recent slew of visitors for bringing this my attention. Frankly, their comments have been a little unsettling. Here are a few gems: "It's nice not to be on a schedule." (translation - "What are we doing?!") "You guys have a nice, quiet life." (translation "You're boring!") ...and my favorite... "You guys are making me old!"  (translation "You guys are making me...